Ireland tax refund

ireland vidinis

Get your Ireland Tax Refund fast and easy!

If you are planning to work in Ireland or have already worked there
for past 4 years, you can get
Tax Refund which belongs to YOU!

You can check how much taxes you can get back using our free tax refund calculator

What is Ireland Tax Refund?

While you are working in Ireland you are paying income taxes and if you pay more than you have to,
you can get an overpayment (Ireland Tax Refund) back. Isn’t that great?!

We refund:

  • We refund Income Taxes (PAYE) and Health Contributions (USC);
  • We refund taxes for the last 4 years;

How it works?



Document collection...

Tax Return preparation by AmberTax...

Submitting declarations to US Tax Authorities...

Paying out Tax Refund...

How to start Ireland Tax Refund process?

All you need to do is to Apply for Tax Refund service pressing the button

and we will contact you for further details.

It is just that simple!

Documents you need to provide for your Tax Refund are:


It is important to provide information about all employers which you had in Ireland, even if you worked for one day or have not paid income taxes;

NOTE: If you do not have any of these documents, you can still apply for income tax refund! AmberTax will assist getting the missing documents for you!

Ireland Tax refund process time


Average Tax Refund time is about 3-4 months from the date when Ireland Income Tax Declaration is sent to Ireland Tax Authorities.

Ireland Tax Refund process can be delayed in the following cases:

  • When the client does not provide full accurate information.
  • When the client does not provide all the required documents.
  • When Ireland Tax Authorities decide to review tax return or request additional information.

Our service fees


There is no upfront service fee – service fee is deducted only after your Tax Refund is received!

AmberTax service fee for P.A.Y.E. Tax Refund is 10% from the refunded amount, but not less than 50 EUR. The price Includes VAT, levy and handling fees.

AmberTax service fee for USC Tax Refund is 10% from the refunded amount, but not less than 40 EUR. The price includes VAT, levy and handling fees.

For replacement of missing form P45/P60 if it is necessary – 17 EUR for each missing form.


Ireland Tax Refund is a repayment of taxes that you have overpaid during the tax year, as determined by Irish Tax & Customs.

Anyone who has lived and worked in the Ireland for the past four years may be eligible to claim for a tax refund.

You are able to claim Irish tax repayment for the past four years.

You may have paid too much tax if:

  • higher than usual taxes are deducted when you start working in new employment (Emergency taxes);
  • you have more than one job at the same time and taxes are deducted without taking it into account;
  • you worked in Ireland for less than one year;
  • your income is less than the tax free income minimum.

PAYE (Pay as You Earn) is the Income tax system of Ireland. All workers hired by the employer are being taxed under this system.

Self-Employed is a business form in the Ireland enabling a person to provide certain services or work individually. A subcontractor agreement is signed when working as self-employed.

In order to claim Ireland Tax Refund You have to press button APPLY NOW and fill registration form. Once you do this, you will receive an email with document package and instruction how to fill documents correctly. Also you will need to provide P45 or P60 for each job you have had, during the tax year.

You can contact us by e-mail [email protected] or phone +370206041 as well!

PPS (Public Personal Service) Number is unique number which enables you to work legally in Ireland. PPS Number is made of 7 digits and 1 letter at the end of PPS Number, e.g. 1234567X.

P45 is the form issued by the employer when you are leaving employment. It shows total income and total taxes till the date of leaving.

P60 – is the form issued by the employer in the end of tax year. P60 shows your total earnings and total taxes paid during the tax year.

If you have lost or have never received your P45 or P60 you should either contact your employer or agency and ask them to issue you with a Statement of Earnings as a substitute or we will contact your employer and get your P45 or P60 instead.

Yes you can, but usually Ireland Tax Authorities will get money for your entire work history in Ireland.

No, you can not. You have to declare your all employers with your total income and total taxes paid.

Yes we can. Please contact us for further information by email [email protected]. If you have any additional questions send a message to our tax professionals through form “Ask now” or live chat.

Because we simply love our job and idea that we can help people like you to get Ireland Tax Refund without any worries, stress and time waste.

All you need is just rely on our professional team which is ready to return maximum of your refund.

Calculate now
Chat with us
Ask a question