UK tax refund

UK tax refund

Get your UK Tax Refund fast and easy!

If you are planning to work in United Kingdom or have already worked

there for past 5 years, you can get UK Tax Refund
which belongs to YOU!

You can check how much taxes you can get back using our free tax refund calculator

What is UK Tax Refund?

While you are working in UK you are paying income taxes and if you pay more than you have to,
you can get an overpayment (UK Tax Refund) back. Isn’t that great?!

We refund:

  • We refund Income taxes;
  • We refund taxes for the last 5 years;
  • We refund taxes if you worked as P.A.Y.E. or Self-Employed.

How it works?



Document collection...

Tax Return preparation by AmberTax...

Submitting declarations to US Tax Authorities...

Paying out Tax Refund...

How to start UK Tax Refund process?

All you need to do is to Apply for Tax Refund service pressing the button

and we will contact you for further details.

It is just that simple!

Documents you need to provide for your Tax Refund are:


It is important to provide information about all employers which you had in UK, even if you worked for one day or have not paid income taxes.

NOTE: If you do not have any of these documents, you can still apply for income tax refund! AmberTax will assist getting the missing documents for you!

Tax Refund Process time


Tax refund usually takes 3-4 months from the date when we send your documents to UK Tax Authorities until you receive a check or a transfer with your UK tax refund from us. Please be aware that in the United Kingdom the tax year begins on April 6th and ends on April 5th next year.

When Tax Refund process can be delayed in the following cases:

  • When the client does not provide full accurate information.
  • When the client does not provide all the required documents.
  • Whe UK Tax Authorities decide to review tax return or request additional information.

Our UK service fees


There is no upfront service fee – service fee is deducted only after your Tax Refund is received!

AmberTax service fee is 9% from the refunded amount, but not less than 55 GBP. The price Includes VAT, levy and handling fees.

For CIS card closing or filling declaration without a refund – 25 GBP.

For replacement of missing form P45/P60/CIS25 if it is necessary – 17 GBP form each form.


UK Tax refund is a repayment of taxes that you have overpaid during the tax year, as determined by HM Revenue & Customs.

Anyone who has lived and worked in the UK for the past six years may be eligible to claim for a tax refund.

Either at the end of the financial year (April 5th) if you are still working in the UK, or when you have finished work and won’t be working again in that financial year. For any previous tax year you can apply for UK Tax Refund at any time during the tax year.

You are able to claim UK tax repayment for the past five years.

You may have paid too much UK tax if:

  • you started a new job and had an emergency tax code for a while;
  • your employer was using the wrong tax code;
  • you were only employed for part of the year;
  • you had more than one job at the same time.

In order to claim UK Tax Refund You have to press button APPLY NOW and fill registration form. Once you do this, you will receive an email with document package and instruction how to fill documents correctly. Also you will need to provide P45 or P60 for each job you have had, during the tax year.

You can contact us by e-mail [email protected] or phone +370206041 as well!

P45 is the form issued by the employer when you are leaving employment. It shows total income and total taxes till the date of leaving. Usually it contains 3 pages: part 1A, Part 2 and Part 3.

P60 is the form issued by the employer in the end of tax year. P60 shows your total earnings and total taxes paid during the tax year.

If you have lost or have never received your P45 or P60 you should either contact your employer or agency and ask them to issue you with a Statement of Earnings as a substitute or we will contact your employer and get your P45 or P60 instead.

Yes, it is possible. National Insurance number is not necessary for UK Tax Refund, however sometimes UK Tax Authorities may ask for your NI number so if you have it, please enters it on the Tax Refund Application form.

Self-Employed is a business form in the United Kingdom enabling a person to provide certain services or work individually. If you have worked under this system you must inform as about that when completing our application form.

C.I.S card is a plastic card with your name which is issued by Inland Revenue. This card is necessary for working on construction for self-employed people (Trade Certificate).

If you received CIS card or had UTR number, even if you did not work as a self employed, inform us about it. The UK tax authority demands that everyone who has CIS card or UTR number must send an Annual Tax Return (tax declaration) until October 31st. If you do not send the Tax Return, you will get penalty. If you left the United Kingdom and you are not going back to work as Self-Employed again, you should provide the Inland Revenue with a request to close a file of you being Self-Employed.

CIS 25 –CIS 25 vouchers are issued by your contractor once a month. There are no cumulative amounts on the last one so it is important to save all the vouchers issued by your contractor. If you received CIS card or had UTR number, even if you did not work as a self employed, inform us about it. The UK tax authority demands that everyone who has CIS card or UTR number must send an Annual Tax Return (tax declaration) until October 31st. If you do not send the Tax Return, you will get penalty.

PAYE (Pay as You Earn) is the Income tax system of the United Kingdom. All workers hired by the employer are being taxed under this system.

Yes, you can, but usually UK Tax Authorities will get money for your entire work history in the UK.

Because we simply love our job and idea that we can help people like you to get UK Tax Refund without any worries, stress and time waste.

All you need is just rely on our professional team which is ready to return maximum of your refund.

Calculate now
Chat with us
Ask a question